Spider-Man’s Jagannath: No Way Home refuses to stop at the global box office. The film grossed $ 1.69 billion at the world box office, becoming the sixth highest grossing film of all time.
By the end of the week, Marvel and Sony had surpassed Jurassic World ($ 1.67 billion) and The Lion King ($ 1.66 billion) to become the sixth highest grossing film of all time. Considering that all the films in the top five grossed over two billion dollars, No Way Home is unlikely to rise further.
But it is no ordinary feat that a film directed by John Watts has reached this level. For one, the film has not been released in China, and is generally one of the largest overseas markets for all Hollywood films. Then, unlike the other films in the billion dollar club, No Way Home had to deal with the Govt-19 epidemic controls in various parts of the world.
But even the renaissance of the virus – through the Omigron variant – could not stop the image. In its sixth week of release, No Way Home, which was briefly displaced by the horror slasher film Scream, is still number one at the US box office.
The Tom Holland-starrer has done very well in India, despite the closure of theaters in many parts of the country due to the rising number of Omigron cases. India has its lifetime total so far ⁇212 crore (just $ 28 million) during the epidemic, only the other two films passed ⁇200 crore collection in India, Suryavanshi and Pushpa: The Rice.
read more: Tom Holland has shared a video of fans outraged about Andrew’s entry into No Way Home
Highest Grossing Movies of All Time (According to BoxOfficeMojo.com)
1) Avatar (2009) $ 2.847 billion
2) Avengers: EndCom (2019) $ 2.797 billion
3) Titanic (1997) $ 2.187 billion
4) Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) $ 2.068 billion
5) Avengers: Infinity War (2018) $ 2.048 billion
6) Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) $ 1.691 billion
7) Jurassic World (2015) $ 1.671 billion
8) The Lion King (2019) $ 1.656 billion
9) The Avengers (2012) $ 1.518 billion
10) Furious 7 (2015) $ 1.516 billion